MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone already have their alloys dimond cut. I wanna go for something different than just a new set of rims. SO was thinking of dimond cutting my 17" straights.

and while on the subject, what fitment are the zr wheels. when i send mine away i need to put something else on the car. anyone can help??

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Would like to know that myself...is it like supaguard or something?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to dig out a picture, but I recon when people realise what this is they will all want it done.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
It is where they are painted and then put on a lathe and all or part of the surface is machined off to leave a shiny surface which is then laquered to prevent corrosion.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
the man is a font of information . nick as always youre the first man to ask a question to ,and expect to get an honest full answer every time in return. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
cant you just curb your alloys on a really shinny stone :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for your imput liam. Yes the wheels get put on a lathe and taken back to the metal, and looks nice and shiny. complimented with a colour along the sides of each spoke. These wheel look excellent when they moving. I will no do my best to get these done. Just to prove Liam wrong.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My comment was out of order, and I apologise. Was tired and ratty, meant no offence, just sounded like a lot of work.

Go for it mate, they'll look good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is a lot of work, but not for me. i will be sending them off to be done. about £50 a wheel. but i feel the results are worth it, and is different from your average alloys. i will attend a meet once I have a few bits done then you can have a look and cast your views. will get pics up when i done 4 u liam.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i still don't really understand what they are and why they are special!! :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: :eek:hwell: ](*,)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They not really special, but they are different from just getting a set of alloys. also had bad experience with changing alloys on my car. it can effect the drivability of the car can be effected quite badly from having bigger wheels, IMO. I will try and get a pic of one's on my mates car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They not really special, but they are different from just getting a set of alloys. also had bad experience with changing alloys on my car. it can effect the drivability of the car can be effected quite badly from having bigger wheels, IMO. I will try and get a pic of one's on my mates car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts