MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you audio boffins should be able to provide me with an answer to my wee quandry.

I was listening to an excellent radio station the other day but it was digital, so can only be got from either a digital radio or Sky. So my question, can you get a digital radio head-unit for a car?

Cheers in advance :D

·
Car gone. :(
2,120 Posts
yes.

·
2,120 Posts
good man, well he only asked if you woulc get them
This is true. If you want a better reply, ask

'So my question, can you get a digital radio head-unit for a car, if so, from where and how much?'

:wave::)

·
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Its a tiny little stick on aerial about 6 inches long with a little black box. Mine is stuck in the top left of the screen and the wire is fed down the A post trim so you cant see it.

If you go to the link I posted and click the little picture in the bottom left it gives you a better view of the aerial.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
The reception is great (better than the normal FM reception in my ZR). Quality is probably not as good as a full DAB head unit as you are re-broadcasting the signal in FM, but it is certainly no worse than a normal FM reception and on the go, with the road/engine/wind noise etc then there is no difference.

If by 'distortion' you mean the sort of underwater noise you get when the signal fades, the unit has built in circuitry that stops this. At worst you just get gaps when and if it loses the signal

The other advantage for me is that you can buy another mounting kit for around £30 so that you can use the unit in another car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts