MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know what the physical differences are between the 105 & 160 Janspeed intermediate pipe is?

What would happen if a 160 inter pipe was fitted to a 105?

I have a 105 and I bought a cat back system and had it fitted last week and it dosent look quite right to me. The inter pipe i recieved from janspeed had a sticker on it that said 120/160 25 inter on it. I would of expected it to say 105/120 inter but because it said 160 on it I am worried that it is the wrong one.

Ill take some pics tomorrow so someone on here can compare it with theirs.

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
105/120 share the same 2 inch bore, with the 160 using a larger 2.25 inch bore. Puzzles me that the sticker said 120/160? As these 2 do not have the same diamiter unless things have been changed?

Or something similar, nothing to worry about fitting the larger bore mid section to be honest. As long as you dont fit the smaller bore section to a large bored car if that makes sense?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the only difference between the different inter pipes is the bore size and not the lenght or shape or anything like that?

If thats the case then maybe something else is wrong with it, incorect rubber hangers used or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.