MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, A mate of mine (MR KNOW IT ALL) seems to be convinced that the zr diesels suffer the head gasket failure the same as petrol engined zr's, I have said to him that they dont as the engine is not a K series its an L but he wont have it. Please can as many of you back me up on this as he is doing my head in :axe: Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
DIESEL Enigines are BOMB proof lol the only thing that seems to go on them is the MAF sensor. The L series DO NOT suffer HGF AT ALL. Is that Clear Mr know it all. Thanks
:D

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Ok so they aint bomb proof but they are quite strong and as said every engine would suffer from hgf from time to time.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol told him he is a pleb and surprise surprise he has completely changed his tone now and I am trying to convince him to ditch his old 306 diesel and get a ZR as he is looking for a newer car.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Lol told him he is a pleb and surprise surprise he has completely changed his tone now and I am trying to convince him to ditch his old 306 diesel and get a ZR as he is looking for a newer car.
good move imo! very sturdey cars and very easy to work on! if problems do arise just make sure it aint th FU**IN HEATER MATRIX cus its a cow esp when u gotta do it 2ce! sorry just very pissed about mine! :D

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.