MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Weeks ago: Went to look at and test drive a 160, which i loved!

Last Tuesday: Picked the Zed up and after a cruise back on the motorway, got it home and began to enjoy

Friday: Start Having Problems

Today: Booked into garage due to poss hgf...WTF!?

Now gna be of the road for over a week, ive only had the fvcking think 6 days!

·
The Euro Z Project
591 Posts
same happend to me mate, i had my car 12 days then the suspension went to hell. the garage agreed to fix it... 8 days after that was fixed, the dreaded HGF, they refused to pay up for it.... they sed it isnt covered under warranty.... i bought mine from a garage, was urs private?

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
same happend to me mate, i had my car 12 days then the suspension went to hell. the garage agreed to fix it... 8 days after that was fixed, the dreaded HGF, they refused to pay up for it.... they sed it isnt covered under warranty.... i bought mine from a garage, was urs private?
They have to repair anything that goes wrong withing the first 30 days.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now i thought my luck was bad....lol.

it was a guy trading form his own home, he was a trade seller, but not garage, so dont see me having much luck with that under warranty, only really if it is something he should have picked up, and it isnt really a predictable thing.

i used to look at peoples stories of the dreaded hgf and think that is just bad luck, it will never happen to me....AT LEAST NOT WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK. Im still loving it though lol. Even if it was ok to drive it, i wouldnt, it sounds like **** when its running, i feel like im sat insinde an old fiesta lol.

·
The Euro Z Project
591 Posts
no it actually went to small claims court, they didnt have to pay becoz they had done the 20 summit point check and i accepted the vehichle without that warranty cover, also becoz i overheated it so much the engine seized, and the garage sed it was my fault becoz i drove it when i clearly knew there was a fault? so i got stuffed

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Hmmm by the sounds of it...it sounds as though you should be able to sue under the sale of goods act...being that the item isnt fit for purpose.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
you are on about the breakdown parts and labour cover arnt you?

the one where they pay up to 500 notes for repairs? for things like hgf and such like! they also cover batteries on it now too very good imo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.