MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt believe what i was hearing this morning........went in to find out how much an oil and filter change was, got quoted £80 :bash: :bash:

Asked how much the parts were and got them for £19.

How can they justify a £60 charge for 15 minute job,cos thats all it took to do it myself :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

Bloody rip off !!!!!

Rant over, all is calm now :hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
605 Posts
They charged me £68+ VAT to do the front brake pads on my 25. My dad was away at the time, and he was majorly annoyed when he got back........ The second time I done them, cost me £12 for the pads and it took him 15 minutes to fit them!!!!

·
989 Posts
Eye brake pads cost me 20 quid for the mintex ones and used my mates garage to fit them ... just put the car on the ramps and spend 15 minutes pulling me wheels off ...

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Well me being muggings hear would actually pay that...

but then im a mug in more ways then one :x: :x: :x:

·
Registered
20 Posts
dealers are not dafft if they think you have had work done on the car and it has been done else where they try to make your warrenty void. even some mods you do aswell.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
AndyK160 said:
Couldnt believe what i was hearing this morning........went in to find out how much an oil and filter change was, got quoted £80 :bash: :bash:

Asked how much the parts were and got them for £19.

How can they justify a £60 charge for 15 minute job,because thats all it took to do it myself :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

Bloody rip off !!!!!

Rant over, all is calm now :hiding: :hiding:

That really did pee u off didnt it hun....this is about the 5th time I have heard this story...think you told me twice by text and 3 times on the phone.......careful hun you will be going bald!! :zip:

·
Registered
556 Posts
AndyK160 said:
Shifty said:
avrage dealer hourly rate is £70
That may be the case but it aint gonna take a hour to change the oil and filter :wallb: :wallb:
Minimum they will charge is 1/2 hours labour and depending on where you are, the rate can be up to £100 an hour as this is not fixed by MGR.

They will also have a different price for parts sales, than servicing items as well.

All dealers do this, not just MGR.

See how much cheaper the yearly service will be if you supply your own oil ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts