MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my TD ZR in to my MG dealership for an oil and filter change two days ago and it's been running rough ever since.
There's been white smoke coming from the exhaust, and I can see spots of oil in the pressure hose which goes into my turbo gauge.
There's also a black oily patch on my K&N panel filter in the airbox.

The car has generally lost power, and I took it to an independent garage who said all my breather and intercooler hoses are full of gungy oil.

He said the only thing that could of caused that is for the oil to be overful, and sure enough, the oil is half an inch above the max line on the dipstick.

I was also told that overfilling a TD can damage the intercooler and the turbo, hence the loss of power.

What should I be demanding from my dealer?
Is it wrong for me to ask them to replace the hoses, intercooler and turbo as their incompetence has damaged my car or should I just expect an engine flush at the very most?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
take it back asap and get them to do another oil change (foc) and clean out the tbo pipes etc...........then check the oil leval befor you start from the dealers.....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Personaly I'd go the whole hog for a new turbo, hoses, cooler and costs to replace any damage they caused to filters etc.
The only problem i can see is if they say "can you prove that you didn't fill the car over the level yourself".
Initslf tho thats them admitting guilt so lay t on thicker than the fat man at the free lunch.

P.S don't forget the exra cots that it has incoured to yourself. If you need some ideas let me know.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Me to go the full lenght try and get a report from the other garage who said there was to much oil the go mad at your dealer , if there is oil in the intercooler it could of come through the turbo seals, white smoke is normally water Contamination , on the whole it dont sound good at all , is it a main mg dealer that did the work, and if you have any engine mod ie: bleed valve / filter ect take them off before ya go back dont give them chance to throw it back at ya, good luck dude

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
staccato said:
What should I be demanding from my dealer?
His head.

Overfilling with oil can be bad for all engines, not just diesel I think.

This is one of the most basic things in car maintenance. Even my sister is able to top her car up oil. You would expect a dealer to be able to get it right!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts