MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm thinking about getting ma girlfriends hairdryer out at the weekend and de-badging the rear of ma ZR.

I had an idea about placing the "ZR" on the front grill and i was just wondering if anyone else had done this and what to use to stick it on with... Pic's would be good if anyone has some.

Cheers in advance :up:

George

·
989 Posts
when you said debadging I thought you men taking out the MG badge in the middle lol

The zr is held on by black sticky foam stuff ... you could try a hair dryer but im not sure if itll work.

I would just get a knife with a cloth round it and pop them off and then just peel the rest of the sticky shite off. but I aint dun it so dont listne to me lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
yeah hairdryer's the standard way. I think buying new ones is probably the best way, ot just use some silicone. It's been done before but I didn't pay attention.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I remember somebody saying a length of thing string or thread can be used to cut through the foam. Imagine that you are using it to floss between the badge and the bodywork.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have put the ZR badge on the front grille looks quite smart if I do say so, but i bought the badge new and kept the badges on the back. Good luck :kid:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaagh. :x: :wallb:

Dont use knives, string or fishing line unless you want to scratch the cars paintwork.

Use a hair dryer on a warm not hot setting and the badges will pull off using your fingers. Probably best done on a day when it is not sub-zero as well. :up:

If ya need to remove any left over adhesive, use either polishing wax or T cut (or similair) to get it off, depending on how hard it is clinging on.

Double sided foam tape cut to the shape of the letters is one way of sticking 'em back on. Hellfrauds sell it as do most other motorfactors.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Wouldnt use T-cut not on the zed anyway no point removing paint with an abbrasive for some foam.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers for the reply guys. :up:

I debadged ma last car using the hairdryer, worked fine, so i think this will be the way to go.

As for puttin it on the fromt grill... double sided tape sounds good to me!
Just hope it saays on, lol.

Has anone got any pics just so I can get an idea as to how it will look???

Cheers
George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts