MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any ov yous could give me sum advice ive emailed dastek and they say they can chip my car for 350 plus vat and can do it in a day.the thing what is holding me back is i have two years warrinty left on my car and im parnoid if i get it done and my engine goes within two years i will be fooked on me warrinty so could i have some advice please

·
Registered
556 Posts
MGR will be within their rights to invalidate the warranty on anything to do with the engine should you go ahead. Don't listen to anyone who says it can't be detected as this is complete bollox as I have seen it first hand being found in about 30 seconds flat.

All other parts of the warranty, such as brakes, suspension etc would not be affected.

On the other hand, what warranty do Dastek offer?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Basicly yes you would be fooked if the engine went and they could prove it was down to your none mg mods, safe way is to ask them if they can do it or recomend anyone that they would warrent the work, or say sh.t to it and just get it done and worrie about it if the sh.t hits the fan, some companys will take them off just as easy so you could always have it removed if you feel there is a problem .

·
Registered
775 Posts
so far the cars been back for a few bits at mg one of the guys took it out for a test drive for a water leak came back grinning and said "wot the f..k you done to that , ive been in many 160 zeds and none drove like that" i just smiled and he said no worries and that was it , if i had a big engine problem im fooked cause ive had the head done as well and that carnt be reversed, but to be honest i dont let anyone mess with my cars but me , so id fix it meself any how, lifes to short just do it , i never keep a car long so if i waited for the warenty to be up id miss out on wot i wont to do them , suppose you just have to risk it or leave it,

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive only got a 105 i really wish i had got the 160 now the only reason i didnt is because of insurance .i think you convinced me i dont think there is much chance of the engine fooking up touch wood if it totally blows up ive got a protection out on the car i could allways burn it outr and the finace will get paid ha ha cheers mate

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
im in the same boat as well wish i had got a 160 but insurance fuked me...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well mate it look like we have to pull out more cash to mod are cars up to make it a little bit faster. im sick ov the boy racers in their 1.6 fiestas and corsas up my arse on motorways nowing my cars only a 1.4 cos if they saw the 160 badge on the back they would be eating my dust

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
very true but tbh might be gettin type r in sept and go on mums insurance for a bit...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why does every one say their hair dressers cars and no im not one my lass drives it most of the time i just take it off her in the summer and i think their shite

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Only joking mate. My car is old enough that i don't have to worry about a warranty. Do you really need to go and have it chipped? I don't think it is really worth it unless is a part of a load of performance mods ie cams pullys etc, and the warranty has gone to pieces already.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
You would be mad to get it chipped, altho i know a couple who hve...i was thinking about it, but too much of a risk....

Go for exhaust and induction kit, etc etc will give u some increase in BHP..

and the safer option....

God i feel so old nowadays when i come on here, u young boys who cant get insured on a 160.... :zip:

I will blow em away for you :hiding:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got a email from dastek giving me a price on the chip they said its 245 and what ever the mapping costs.how much does the mapping cost and basically what do they do. Do they just put the chip in and then map it and put it on the rolling road. i would be grateful if some one who has had their car chipped by them to give me a bit info as im not very good with cars. i dont no if i can buy the chip of them and then get someone else to do the work or they have to do it. they havent give me much info can some one please help me on what price i will pay on mapping my car and do i need it on the rolling road and does that cost me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts