MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light on my dashboard clock has suddenly decided not to work?

Any suggestions please on what it might be? :?
Cheers

G

·
bulb?

Fuse?

(presuming that the LCD display is still working and it is just the back illumination that has packed up?)

·
Sleeping
5,195 Posts
i dont think it would b the fuse, as that fuse is linked to sterio, inside light and rear light. i found that out last night when i sorted the boot light and lost everything, mad dash to halfords for the fuses!!!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
mine aint working now n its done it both zrs ive had.
is there an easy way 2 change this - i cant find a how to guide.....

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
mine was out when i got it a yr ago, but cant be bothered to fix it, but its just the bulb, remove the cover and the clock face and the bulb is behind, i believe they are readily available in halfrauds.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
johnzr120 said:
mine aint working now n its done it both zrs ive had.
is there an easy way 2 change this - i cant find a how to guide.....
10 min job to do.First remove the plastic surround from the clock(a blunt knife with a piece of cloth covering to stop scratches etc).A small cross head screw driver to remove the 2 mounting screws(this is the worst bit if you drop the screw it will go down the back of the dash) a magnetic driver is best that's what i used.
Pull the clock towards you(no ned to disconnect the power cable)& at the back of the clock you will see the bulb holder turn to remove replace bulb & do the reverse to re-fit.Very easy job it's the same to fit the traffic master alert system if you find one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts