MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving to work yesterday morning - we'd had a frost so was careful until hit main road which had been gritted. Then it starts to rain. Not too heavy but you wouldn't want to be stood out it in. So I put the wipers on.

NOTHING HAPPENED!!!! :blink2:

proper sh*t meself as was doing 65 @ the time!!!!!! anyway luckily it was fairly quiet so managed to stop and pull over....... couldnt see bugger all....

Called my local dealer (MG dealer that is.....) to book it in, and when I said I want it fixed under warranty they said they'd have to check if it was covered!! :x: :wallb:

I had a bit of a shout and it seemed to do the trick!! still, scared the living crap outta me - any1 else had this or similar happen??

·
Typhooner :)
6,592 Posts
yeah, i have the opposite, i put my wipers on to wash and they just keep on goin!!! dealer said they couldnt find a fault, but if it happens again, they'd replace the control unit under warranty

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
buy some RainX

fantastic stuff!

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
towersl said:
yeah, i have the opposite, i put my wipers on to wash and they just keep on goin!!! dealer said they couldnt find a fault, but if it happens again, they'd replace the control unit under warranty
I had that on a courtesy ZR105+ once, only did it the once and as soon as i turned the ignition on and off (dangerous to do on a motorway at 80mph by the way) it cured itself.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
dont the Zed's do a courtesy wiper after you've washered the screen???? i know dad's does.

as for the wipers not working aint happened on the Zed, but on one of the astravans at work its got a weak ball joint on the wiper motor, so it pops off once in a while. scary stuff when the wipers in the line of vision! i take it the wipers do work now yeh?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not happened on My Z'd but it does on my 214Si (R-reg bubble) so much that now my intermitten stops the wipers at the window pillar, then i have to wait 5 secs for it to put them back again....so one cycle is 2 cycles (if u know what i mean) Its a relay in the wiper control mech...under a seat... but i just hold it down (the wiper control) or leave it on I or II.... not too bothered as it would cost a bit to sort... but rain-x is the stuff u want anyway..good for stoping water going up yr side window and geting u when are havin a cig !!

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Light Sabre said:
Hardly use mine. Use 'Rain racer' (same as rain X but longer lasting apparently.

Oh its good then...seen it but never boought it, might get some now :up:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
further to my pant filling episode on the way TO work........ the way FROM work was equally as bad:

Big accident on the road outside work.....5+ cop cars, ambulance, fire engine..... i was doin bout 10mph, when I see headlights coming towards me, its a rozzer who wants to pull over onto my side of the road, so i flash him to let 'im know he can go....

rozzer in passenger seat suddenly gets out and approaches my zed :lcop:

:blink2: :blink2:

"....#scuse me sir, do you know one of your headlights isn't working??"

:wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

I feckin replaced the passenger side bulb last week, now the drivers side has gone - fuse is ok

:x: :x: it AINT my lucky day!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts