MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of our day on the Richard Burns Memorial Rally at RAF Marham.

My fault the 1 tonne straw bale.

Mini drivers fault the back wheel, which is what put us out of the rally.

Had to replace back wheel with wheel off the trailer so we could move it around.

Now looking for rear beam, front bumper and front panel (bonnet slam panel etc).

Will try and load up on Youtube the in car footish.

·
Premium Member
9,799 Posts
Bad luck mate - that's rallying though i suppose...

You don't need a rear beam specifically for disks. All rear beams are interchangeable, so you can just change the hubs onto the new beam. Mine has had a couple of new beams on recently and i ot mine through AAautosport like Taz suggested.

AA Autosport
----------------------------------
Unit2 Railway Road
Idle
BD10 9RJ
----------------------------------
Telephone: +44(0)7883 720557

John

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
how can hay weight a tonne?
They sure can. 2 marshalls, my little bro and myself all tried to move one to let an ambulance out of a stage.... We managed to get it moved so he could get past, but getting it back into position afterwards just about killed us. :) That thing was heavy (and really wet). Clothes stank of silage after. :sick:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not a problem, hope you are match fit asap. What happend with the mini? Seems to have completely missed your bodywork
He just left a lot of rubber on our rear bumper and then his front wheel hit our rear, and the picture then speaks for itself.

He had a very bent front wishbone but managed to get that replaced and the mounting brackets bent straight again.

Next event should be the Rockingham Stages in December so as long as work doesn't get in the way should be ok for then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.