MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone go to the cinema much? Prob gonna go this afternoon but not sure what to see.

Anyone seen anything good recently? Thinking of either Kung Fu Panda or Hancock?

Ta :)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Seen Hancock and was a little disappointed. Plot line was obvious and really apart from the effects and some funny lines wasn't really up to much.

Kung-Fu Panda much better so I've heard. If you like Jack Black you'll like this. If you don't love the first 10 minutes though you may be in for a long sitting. From what I've been told as it was sold out when I went this weekend.

Wanted is different but if you like xXx you will probably enjoy this. Effects great, story decent, acting good, only problem is suspending your belief in everything Newton and science tells you. I enjoyed it (not just for Mrs Pitt) but my misses thought it was pish. She also hated xXx & Miami Vice though.

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
i was telling her "ive heard" it is good, unlike some peeps on here who post "nah it ****e dont bother" :p

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
i was telling her "ive heard" it is good, unlike some peeps on here who post "nah it ****e dont bother" :p

that may be so, but those people are at least (one assumes) posting from the perspective of someone who HAS seen the film the film in question.
Which is actually more helpful than "I heard on the radio that film xyz is good / bad / very dirty" ;)

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
has anyone seen hulk?
Aye. Not world breaking but a good peformance by Norton (although I am slightly biased).
Best bit is the last 45 seconds ;)
Also good to see Marvel in charge of their own productions, big help.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i wasn't to impressed with Wanted, perhaps its just the fact that when you are watching it that you think Yeah Right like that could happen. But i guess if you watch it and just be brain dead then its enjoyable in a way, the cinemas all about the Pic & Mix any way not the film.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Hulk is much better than the first.

Bana was a shocking Banner. Got a better level of pace, more action, letting hulk lose a bit more, Norton as always superb. Even a half decent performance from Liv Tyler.

Not as good as Iron Man but way better than the first dire incarnation. As Bruce said at the time 'you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee'.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
well they got it right with the hulk..

HULK SMASH

BETTY

AND GRRRRR

thats all he should say..

however i know edward norton had a hissy fit on set and re-wrote half the script
World War Hulk FTW - "I've Come To Smash..." :clap:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts