MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lately I'm getting itchy fingers. Everytime I see an EP3 CTR i feel like going out, selling my beloved zr and buy one. Money or mileage isn't a problem now, as I live about half a mile (if that) from my new job.

Would love to wake up on a weekend morning and go for a blast in one.

I also watched Fifth Gear last night where a red EP3 was tested around a track - omfg they look quick.

A few months ago I got the same feeling and went and test drove 4 one weekend - inlcuding an 04 premium model, which was nice :)

It's so annoying, as the zed is perfectly adequate for daily use. Even for semi-distance journies like to Manchester and Birmingham its amazing. Its defo an EP3 I'd get as I can't fit in the new shape cars, the cabin is seriously small imo.

There's no point to this thread btw :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
the focus rs is much better! i cant believe he only managed 0.4s off the civics time in it :S but you could hear him short shifting and put hardly any power down off the line
round the topgear track the rs was miles ahead of the ctr, and was also noticeably quicker than the r32 as well :D
id even have a lcr225 any day before a civic... sorry i just would!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
the focus rs is much better! i cant believe he only managed 0.4s off the civics time in it :S but you could hear him short shifting and put hardly any power down off the line
round the topgear track the rs was miles ahead of the ctr, and was also noticeably quicker than the r32 as well :D
id even have a lcr225 any day before a civic... sorry i just would!
my clio was faster than the civic round the tg track too, the focus rs is looovely but overpriced

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
yeah sell them to bry he really wanted mine but i couldnt buy the car back off salvage and i feel bad for him because we love each other :(

lol

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
my clio was faster than the civic round the tg track too, the focus rs is looovely but overpriced

what clio you got? my mate had a 182 trophy and ctr's couldnt come anywhere near it to be honest lol

and ive seen plenty ctr's go for 10-12k mark and you can usually find an rs for that money, or a v6 clio (*DROOLS*)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not too worried about speed tbh as I doubt I'll be using it on a track (hehe), I just like how they look (esp in black) and the fact they have a bit more pull than a zed.

It's a similar situation to when I was contemplating buying the zed. I looked at like i wouldn't have to change loads of stuff to get it looking how I like from stock. E.g. for my zed, lowered, zs180 alloys, janspeed backbox.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
what clio you got? my mate had a 182 trophy and ctr's couldnt come anywhere near it to be honest lol

and ive seen plenty ctr's go for 10-12k mark and you can usually find an rs for that money, or a v6 clio (*DROOLS*)
yeah it's a 172 cup, same performance as the trophy but they do have super sexy seats!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

If its the new shape then that's the price as some are barely a year old. Have seen the odd premium mint EP3 for 11k. I'd be going for an 04 ish Ep3 model - so around 8k.

As for the clio, well after my 306 xsi, I'd never buy anything French again. Did anyone actually see the interior of the RS on Fifth gear last night? That put me off instantly - looked like Ford sent someone shopping for chav interior bolt ons from Halfurds.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
ive seen a couple in the flesh and they dont look like halfrauds bolt ons at all... they were deliberately trying to make all the other cars seem **** and big the civic up for some reason...
personally id go look at some others... if you only wanna spend 8k ish then look at a few lcr225's and you wont be sorry, more practical by far with the 5 doors, adults can fit in the back and people wont look at you like oh god another chavvy boy racer

plus faaaaaaar more tuneable if you start to get bored ;)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
LCR LCR LCR LCR!!!!!

If you won't be going on a track then the cupra r is the way forward! people always go on about track times, meaningless unless you are actually going to track days! a remapped lcr will just walk away from a ctr on the road, 265bhp, very low transmission loss and more torque than you can shake a wobbly stick at! :D

As soon as i get my professional studies loan i'm selling the diesel and buying another

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
one thing, what a pile of shat about type r not being as fast as a clio, my bro has a 172 cup and his mate has a 03 type r i think, the clio pulls off much quicker but top end the civic just pulls off, im guessing due to the 6th gear and the vetec........ FACT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.