MG ZR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about to leave edinburgh yest morn an goes to turn up the heating an the knob snaps, stuck on cold till i got to callendar where they didnt have a spare but turned up the heat wi some pliers, they said they breal a lot, anyone else had this an are the replacment knobs any tougher??? bloody frezin i was brrrr knob was like an acorn after that trip, not like that all the time......honest :grin:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
What you need is some Banshee Motorsport polished ali replacement heater knobs, won't have to put up with them breaking then. Plus they look better than the OE plastic ones.

Steve

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
and to add to Steves plug, here is a pic of them complete with the stainless steel metal-monkey heater backing which can be done in any night illumination colours you wish

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmm liking them, how much are they an where from??? this has prob been posted before but i am too lazy at this time in the morn to go hunting lol :lol:

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
yellow-peril said:
Steve B said:
If you mean the ali heater knobs, then there are £35 for a set of three.

Steve
are they a direct replacement no fiddly messing about???
YUP!

hardest bit is getting the old knobs off as they can be quite stiff and difficult to get off.

Quick tip!

Get some thin cord/strong string, put it in behind the knob and use that to pull the knob backwards and off the splines.

Once you have got the knobs off, make sure that the metal retaing clip is still inside the hollow shaft and not stuck on the shaft otherwise you wont get the new knob on fully.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The price is £35 plus P&P, P&P is £4.50.

To remove the OE knob, just do as Nick says, or the way I did it was to get a large pipe wrench on the knob and pull hard. If you can't get the metal retaining ring off the shaft, then it is easier to remove it from the knob shaft itself of the new knobs.

Steve

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Steve B said:
The price is £35 plus P&P, P&P is £4.50.

To remove the OE knob, just do as Nick says, or the way I did it was to get a large pipe wrench on the knob and pull hard. If you can't get the metal retaining ring off the shaft, then it is easier to remove it from the knob shaft itself of the new knobs.

Steve

steve can i pay you with paypal if yes to who??(+4%fees)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i,m just goin to go a n pull mine off lol, spare one arrived today! will defo be gettin those ally knobs when cash is spare tho!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.