MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening guys and girls! looking in to buying a zr fitted with a t series turbo engine....... basically after a few quetsions answering to put my mind a rest before i go ahead and buy!! i have read a lot about the turbo engines but have always got mixed views about them..... are they a realiable engine to run??? the one i'm looking at had a full rebuild 3years ago and i believe is in mint condition (saz's ZR turbo by the way!) what are these engines like to look after are there any things that i need to keep a close eye on with the t series?? and one final question for all the guys running turbo conversions.........who is your insurance with just so i know who to call and empty my bank account to!!!! lol:slap::slap::slap:

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
If its Saz's ZR turbo then you'll have nothing to worry about ;)
Like i said in another thread, that conversion was done properly :yes:

Its funny you should ask about T-series problems, as im just off the phone to Andy25, and that was one of the things we were talking about.
Only real problems to look out for on a T-series is running too much boost, which WILL kill the engine. 12psi max on standard internals!
Ive shattered 4 pistons running 13psi!

The T-series is actually a very strong engine. I ran about with HGF, on my 2nd engine, for 4 weeks, and all it did was loose a bit of coolant.
Look after it and it'll look after you ;)
Change the oil (10w40) and oil filter every 6000mls, keep the boost down and give it a thrashing every now and again and it'll be fine :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was hoping you would reply youngy you seem to know your stuff!! i;m really really tempted to buy the zed from her. got the money just need iron out a few worries i had about the t-series first, i;ve always looked after my k-series with regular oil changes etc so i shall just carry on my routine, lol and you don't have to tell me twice to give it a good boot every now and then!!! hehe! just insurance to worry about now!!!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Yeh youngy is the man, anything that can go wrong with them you can bet youngy has experiance with it :rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts