MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no but from what ive heard about all the protestors that are gonna be out side work on them dates, Ill probably get eggs and all sorts thrown at me if they see me going to work! haha! and thinking of it, I should give support by going on strike because the cost of living these days are tanking the P**!* maybey two days of no wages will pay off in the future?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's not just the 2.5 per cent it's the fact that they want to give 2.5 for the next three years and while inflation is rising at the rate it is council workers are going to be losing out big style, also hearing that councilors are looking at giving themselves 16 percent extra,yeah thats fair, so really it's about time us council workers told them to **** off and we won't take it any more

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey 2 days off work, hell ye, but think of it this way... 2 days less pay..

Any why should you be embarrassed or worried, you gotta think of bills etc.. not everyone can afford to strike..
ye, Ill be going to work with eggs in my hair and tomatoes on my bum! :happy2: haha! Ill see how it goes, see if any others go in. lol

·
2,039 Posts
It's not just the 2.5 per cent it's the fact that they want to give 2.5 for the next three years and while inflation is rising at the rate it is council workers are going to be losing out big style, also hearing that councilors are looking at giving themselves 16 percent extra,yeah thats fair, so really it's about time us council workers told them to **** off and we won't take it any more

Welcome to the world.........its the same for many of us!!

Anyway, from my experience the only losers are the strikers. If they have to give more then other future benefits will suffer to make up the extra layout.

Try being a sub contractor........no pay rises at all.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Welcome to the world.........its the same for many of us!!

Anyway, from my experience the only losers are the strikers. If they have to give more then other future benefits will suffer to make up the extra layout.

Try being a sub contractor........no pay rises at all.
agreed andy.... the money has to come from somewhere and i may cause an arguement here, but i have several friends who work for the council and they are on a lot of money... basic pay of 14-15k thats more than most people get plus the list of benefits council members get

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
in my harsch opinion i think public sector workers that go on strike should be shot

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Are you in the Union Ceri?

I'm not and as a result I can't strike. We've been told in the past that we must turn up for work, we can't take holidays during the strike, and if we fail to turn up further action will be taken.

As for the 2.5% deal we've been offered, well if you look at the wages we are already on you'll see why we complain. We haven't had a pay rise to match inflation in the 10 years I've worked in Local Government. In fact if I was to go by the ICE Annual Salary Survey for 2008 for Scotland, I'm being payed less than 2/3's what I could earn in the Private sector. Only thing keeping me here is the pension and holidays.

How many of you get bonuses and company cars? We don't. We rarely get authorised overtime. We have to claim back our mileage and use our own cars for work and the mileage rate hasn't changed in 10 years either.

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
I've seen both sides of the coin.

Worked for the NHS for 4 years and admittedly the pay and pay rises are ****e unless you get right up the ladder.

Mind you I know work in the private sector and have to say its so much better with lots more pay ;)

As for people that strike they royally piss me off, especially when they cock up the entire transport network :rant:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
No one noticed when we went on strike last time.

They were too concerned that the Social Workers were off to notice the lack of any roads maintenance or bridge design. :slap:

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Are you in the Union Ceri?

I'm not and as a result I can't strike. We've been told in the past that we must turn up for work, we can't take holidays during the strike, and if we fail to turn up further action will be taken.

As for the 2.5% deal we've been offered, well if you look at the wages we are already on you'll see why we complain. We haven't had a pay rise to match inflation in the 10 years I've worked in Local Government. In fact if I was to go by the ICE Annual Salary Survey for 2008 for Scotland, I'm being payed less than 2/3's what I could earn in the Private sector. Only thing keeping me here is the pension and holidays.

How many of you get bonuses and company cars? We don't. We rarely get authorised overtime. We have to claim back our mileage and use our own cars for work and the mileage rate hasn't changed in 10 years either.

Can see your point there , but a lot of people dont get half as much as come council workers do and they (not always just sometimes) do a hell of a lot more than the council workers do...

Some work 12 hour days and get less tha a council worker doing 9-5

1 - 20 of 45 Posts