MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm thinking of purchasing a set of avo lowering springs from motorsportworld.co.uk for approx £110 inc P&P.

However, the cheapest fitting quote I can find so far is £117, exceeding the price of the actual springs themselves!!

Anyone got any ideas or is this just a normal fitting charge??

·
Registered
227 Posts
That seems a fairly standard price, possibly could get it a bit cheaper though, but they're really easy to fit yourself to be honest.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you needed spring compressor etc??
I'm very mechanically minded so if it's a diy job I'll buy the springs first thing tomorrow and do it myself

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Some spring compressers, tools, and about half a day spare, easy peasy. Best do it soon before the winter coms in

·
Registered
422 Posts
it has and i cud but b4 it had happend i order loads of shit for my car like xpower springs hence being skint and being worried about if i have to pay for the repairs or not

·
Registered
422 Posts
lol probs have to if things carry on the way there goin or alot of stuff that iv ordered will b goin straight back or on ebay

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My advice is to go down the local Humphries and get chatting to the lads, I got them to fit mine in between jobs and only cost me £60 cash in hand :wink: Don't pay more then £20 a wheel as its an easy job.

·
570 Posts
As said above, £15-£20 a corner is about right, or do what I did and find out one of your mates works for MG.... £10 a corner, yes please! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts