MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all my car has water instead of coolant in the coolant tank.
what si the best thing to use in this car i prefer a product already mixed so i dont need to mess about with mixing 1 part this 2 parts that etc.
whats best to use in it. i will be topping it up with the new stuff from now on

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
use OAT ready mixed from halfords. Its pinky orangey colour.

is the water 100% clear?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the water is very clear to be honest i made sure i checkd when i bought the car yesterday
i think i will but the coolant from halfrauds and just top up accordingly with that from now on.
over the next few months the water will be goin and pretty much just coolant.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
yeah the water is very clear to be honest i made sure i checkd when i bought the car yesterday
i think i will but the coolant from halfrauds and just top up accordingly with that from now on.
over the next few months the water will be goin and pretty much just coolant.
That sounds ominous, you shouldn't need to top up your coolant, not that much anyway!

The 2nd point is how come there is just water there in the first place?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he may not have topped it up, he check all levels before i drove away, checked for HGF no mayo or oil in water all is ok.
i just wonted to know what solution to use rather than water ome people use water dont they with a little antifreeze?

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
You can use water for a while in the summer if you need to, or if your trying to flush out your coolant system, but proper coolant has chemicals that allows the coolant and water mix to have a higher boiling point or something.
Using water for a little while wont do any damage as long as its not in the winter where there is a chance it will freeze.

When we put my 3rd engine in at Jamies old garage, its in the middle of nowhere with no water supply, so we had to use water from a trough for my coolant system lol :D
Ran about for a month with it until i got time to flush out the coolant system :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts