MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my cluth is starting to slip ... Ive got the 5 star rac warrenty but do i need to wait until its completely fucked before i get it changed ??

and how can i make sure that my clutch is on its way out.

i floored it past my mate in his evo the other day and he says that my car was stinkin from behind like and says it smelt like my clutch burning ??

also i used to be able to spin away at about 4500 revs in the dry but now my wheels just dont move ... its starting to piss me off and i think im loosing power.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Find a steep hill, high gear (4th or 5th) and try to accellerate upwards.

I think you have answered your own question though with the statement
Monkey Magic said:
i used to be able to spin away at about 4500 revs in the dry but now my wheels just dont move ...
Doing that is a guranteed way to kill your clutch in double quick time (BTW, warranties dont normally cover clutches/brakes as they are considered consumeables, might be worth a check first before paying dealer prices as once the job is done then you cant take it off if you are not happy with the price)

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eye ive just checked my warenty and it coveres clutchs .... think ill try n book it in for the weekend.

cheers n e way.

oh n i no you kill ya clutch spinnin in the dry but ya naa young n stupid... :eek:hwell:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts