MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit scared cos I've owned petrols exclusively and just taken the dive for my first diesel.

Now I'm here - and here's the Noddy question - what do I have to keep an eye on and at what frequency, and is there anything I should probably do regardless early doors?

Thanks in advance.

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Bit scared cos I've owned petrols exclusively and just taken the dive for my first diesel.

Now I'm here - and here's the Noddy question - what do I have to keep an eye on and at what frequency, and is there anything I should probably do regardless early doors?

Thanks in advance.
WTF

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Check oil levels.
Look out for big clouds of smoke.
Check the turbo pipes for wear especially where the radiator pipe rubs.
Remember to change gear before 4500 rpm.
If you're power drops after 3000rpm probably a dodgey MAF. Replace it with a Rover Ron MAFAM & Pierburg MAF. (Cheaper to replace with this than an OEM Bosch MAF - and allows for cheaper maintenace costs).

If you're after perfomance - Panel Filter, decat and tweak turbo. Then full Wingy Zorst, FMIC and re-map.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check oil levels.
Look out for big clouds of smoke.
Check the turbo pipes for wear especially where the radiator pipe rubs.
Remember to change gear before 4500 rpm.
If you're power drops after 3000rpm probably a dodgey MAF. Replace it with a Rover Ron MAFAM & Pierburg MAF. (Cheaper to replace with this than an OEM Bosch MAF - and allows for cheaper maintenace costs).

If you're after perfomance - Panel Filter, decat and tweak turbo. Then full Wingy Zorst, FMIC and re-map.
It's a BIIIIG :thankyou: to The Phantom.

:bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts