MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone help me decide which alarm to get. I'm either gonna opt for toad ai606 or clifford 950. I know any alarm is only as good as the fitter, but leaving that aside, can anyone let me know what the comparison is between these two ? I hear so many people saying different things about them both, I'm just confused....!

Cheers

·
Registered
556 Posts
Agreed.

I know quite a few fitters and all agree the Toad is now a more reliable system than Clifford.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Had a Toad Ai606 with anti hijack fitted to my 160 last year and never regretted it since. No false alarms like I used to get on my old clifford alarm I had on my 306 and the features are much better. The guy who fitted mine said that Clifford were not as good as they used to be and the Toad alarm was designed by an ex car thief :mrgreen: Also the Clifford alarms use microwave sensors which false alarm all the time, where as the Toad systems use volumetric sensors which give you better protection. I did a test on my m8s old Clifford alarm and couldnt believe the results :blink2: Set the alarm with the windows down and lent into the car and the alarm didnt sound, I had to wave my arms around like a mad man to get any result :hurt:

·
570 Posts
Do the toads now have the option of all the bolt-on goodies like the Clifford?

I remember looking into it a while back and they didn't offer any extras... of course, times do change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's costing me £358 with volumetric glass protector and tilt/motion. Pus i get the free fibreglass fob upgrade. I believe the guy that is doing it for me is the same chap that sorted out Flash's motor.

I spoke to him on the phone the other day - and he was really helpful and told me what was what between clifford and toad. He seemed to recommend toad over clifford too.

Just to put it in perspective, other places locally wanted to charge me £500 plus. So i think £358 with the 2 extras is pretty good value IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MikeyG said:
It's costing me £358 with volumetric glass protector and tilt/motion. Pus i get the free fibreglass fob upgrade. I believe the guy that is doing it for me is the same chap that sorted out Flash's motor.

I spoke to him on the phone the other day - and he was really helpful and told me what was what between clifford and toad. He seemed to recommend toad over clifford too.

Just to put it in perspective, other places locally wanted to charge me £500 plus. So i think £358 with the 2 extras is pretty good value IMO.
That is a good price check out my website that will give you a good guide

Ian www.mobilecaralarms.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
got a clifford Avantgarud g5 on mine it`s the best.

remote start
proxy sensor in case some body is looking in your car.
omni sensor if any body trys to touch the car.
anti hijack

the list is endless, got it fitted of £666.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i had a toad alarm on my last car and it was fuckin excellent. getting one fitted to my 200 when i get the time off from uni nothing too fancy though just something to protect my sub and amp. the standard one is doing the job at the moment but i want the added security

1 - 13 of 13 Posts