MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any good tips for cleaning alloys?
Is there a polish or spray available that makes grime wash off easier?

It's just I believe in keeping ones tackle clean :up:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i use autoglym wheel cleaner regularly, and occassionally give em a dose of wonderwheels!! One thing i have found to be a great help is my alloy wheel cleaning brush from motorworld, handy lil tool!

·
Registered
549 Posts
muldersZR said:
i use turtle wax extreme wheel cleaner, does the trick for me
Ill second that! Spray it on leave it a min and wash it off with the hose pipe! :up:

·
455 Posts
Royal Blue 105+ said:
muldersZR said:
i use turtle wax extreme wheel cleaner, does the trick for me
Ill second that! Spray it on leave it a min and wash it off with the hose pipe! :up:
and again, wash it off with cold water, then use the brake dust barrier, then all you have to do is rise them off!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I used to use wonder wheels on the oe wheels but only if I had to.I dont use it any more on the gold wheels now as it will damage / fade the paint on them.......
Just use hot soapey water now.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wonder Wheels diluted with water and in a spray bottle gets in all the nooks. Failing that, Muc Off bike cleaner is a great substitute. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Muc Off is good cos it doesnt actually attack the coating on the alloys, making them dull etc. I think u can now get big bottles of it from most motor factors, but failing that try any decent bike store and they should do it!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Cleaning wheels

I never let my wheels get dirty enough in the first place to need wheel cleaner. Just use the normal car wash stuff when I get to the bottom of the bucket, have a little 39p brush meant for washing the saucepans that gets into the corners brilliantly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Wonder wheels is tops

IF they are really dirty, wonder wheels is unbelievable, used it on the wheels of my Mini Cooper when I got it as a last resort, really thought it was a refurb for them or nothing as they had such ingrained filth, came up great and are still looking good nearly 4 years later

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same as above.

Wonder wheels and then brake dust barrier.

I use one of those little pan cleaning sponges, with the course green layer on one side. Takes a while but gets them spotless.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys :up:
Ill give wonderwheels a try, also the autoglym stuff. cus I get on well with Autoglym silicone resin polish.

I clean the car before it ever gets really dirty so accumulated grime isn't a big problem, it's just that waxing the body preserves the paint and makes cleaning easier, and I wanted to do the same for my wheels. :up:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
WHEN YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM A GOOD CLEAN BE SURE TO POLISH THEM FULLY AND PROPERLY WITH AUTOGLYM OR TURTLEWAX
, THIS ENSURES EASIER CLEANING NEXT SUNDAY! OR WHENEVER YOUR CAR CLEAN DAY IS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts