Registered
618 Posts
Rinse
Wash
Rinse
Clay the car whilst wet
Wash
Dry
Polish,Wax or whichever LSP your gonna use.

Just dont be a tight ass on the lube, otherwise you'll regret ever using clay even with the soft clay bars like the Megs smooth surface kit.

When your ready to clay, fill your wash bucket up with warm/hottish water, split the clay bar into 2 pieces. Place in the warm water and let it warm up abit, when its warm then roll in the palms of your hands for a winute until it becomes plyable. Start claying the car, in and back and forth motion until it because almost effortless to run the clay over the paint.... move onto the next area.
As your claying, ones the piece of clay starts to go cold, then switch round with the other piece thats in the warm water. Clay works best when warm and is less likely to stick to your paint work, so doing this is for good measure and best results.

When your done claying then give it a wash and dry and then atleast use a good wax/LSP so no contaminents stick easily to the paint when you take it out. For best results give it a polish.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rinse
Wash
Rinse
Clay the car whilst wet
Wash
Dry
Polish,Wax or whichever LSP your gonna use.

Just dont be a tight ass on the lube, otherwise you'll regret ever using clay even with the soft clay bars like the Megs smooth surface kit.

When your ready to clay, fill your wash bucket up with warm/hottish water, split the clay bar into 2 pieces. Place in the warm water and let it warm up abit, when its warm then roll in the palms of your hands for a winute until it becomes plyable. Start claying the car, in and back and forth motion until it because almost effortless to run the clay over the paint.... move onto the next area.
As your claying, ones the piece of clay starts to go cold, then switch round with the other piece thats in the warm water. Clay works best when warm and is less likely to stick to your paint work, so doing this is for good measure and best results.

When your done claying then give it a wash and dry and then atleast use a good wax/LSP so no contaminents stick easily to the paint when you take it out. For best results give it a polish.

dan dan dunno how many more times we can tell people the process lol they dont liten any way!

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
True :thumbsup:

Start listening you wankers! :rant: haha
i did eventually :shoot2:

btw just a question, cleaned the car again yesterday, claying etc then polish then wax but i have no sealant stuff, SO after the wax dried etc the next morning i go out it seems like salty stuff was all over the car so it had a rough feel but now it seems ok, what could that be? :S

·
Registered
618 Posts
i did eventually :shoot2:

btw just a question, cleaned the car again yesterday, claying etc then polish then wax but i have no sealant stuff, SO after the wax dried etc the next morning i go out it seems like salty stuff was all over the car so it had a rough feel but now it seems ok, what could that be? :S
You dont need sealant if you used wax, you can use both together or one on there own.

Salty stuff?

What was the process with the wax?

Did you apply and buff off? sounds like you just applied it to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.