MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed recently in Top Gear Magazine Jeremy Clarkson slating the ZR. Seems to me that unless a car does 0-60 in under 4 seconds with a top speed that exceeds 200mph in Clarkson's eyes the car is crap. Views?

·
Registered
43 Posts
U know i like Clarkson until it comes to Rover/MG.... why does he slate them, Coz when he could afford to buy a rover they where crap.... if he had to buy one today (instead of the 100k SL55) they i dont fink he would give them half as much flack.... at least this is british!! We won the war u know!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes he's a bit of a pratt really and obviously thinks the general public have a small country's GDP to spend when choosing a new car.

I notice in the last episode they were all given £100 to go buy an old car. One of them bought a 1.6 Rover GTi and he immediately slated it - indeed it's not perhaps the best car to wear the GTi badge but perhaps he could explain why it beat the other two cars round the track, especially seeing as one of the it's competitors had a V6 under the bonnet.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
When you get to drive all the supercars of the world, a ZR probably is a bit of a come down by comparison.

He's just lost all touch with reality when it comes to your average car buyer.

But that said he can be a funny guy, just don't pay any attention to what he says.

·
1,626 Posts
I agree he does have a thing against all british things that are automotive

However he does like the 180 ZS so its not all that bad Hmmm.

·
Registered
775 Posts
ive said this before most of us dont have £50k >£250k to spend on a 250mph 1000bhp, with cocktail bar and swimming pool sports car, anything under £15K and 200bhp is shit and not worth buying , sad very sad, even worse when they compare the 2 . like here we have the new mgzr and we will give it the stig to see if it can beat the space shuttle, twat LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like him, but there are things about him that I find annoying i.e him slatting whats left of the British Motor Industry, surely programmes like top gear and 5th gear etc should do all they can to promote the British car industry.

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
pmsl @ ****

The thing is with Clarkson, is that he thinks anything British (apart from the Aston) is shite.

He is a Big Corn Fed Mule who has a boss job and completley abuses it. They should rename the program to Top Cunt.

As for the motors they review, honestly how many of us are ever gonna be able to splash out 100K on 1 motor - I'll tell you how many Clarkson you big Afro Having Faded Yellow Stitch Jeans Retard - NOT MANY.

Get real with this program or fuck off and let someone who gives more of a shit about cars than "Lets see how much I can fuck this 2CV Citreon with an Air to Ground Missile"

Rant Over

·
Registered
120 Posts
Though he also has an input on whether to make or break new cars too.

Did anyone see where he had the new mk5 Golf GTi, seemed more like a sales pitch than an independent review to me.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
PMSL @ Hoogie, yet again!!!

My mum thinx Hammond needs "mothering", now THATS scary!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
And wot the f..k is all that about Playing pinball with a caravan, and racing Terry Wogan , then they moan about under stear and over stear, then spend the next ten mins trying to get the car to go sideways round the bend after telling every one it handles great, im lost, im going to but a Bently cause Terry F..king Wogan drives one LOL NOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
maybe we should "Challenge Clarkson" nd email the programme and find out why he has a beef... imagine if we all went as the audience, and what the car park would look like !!?!! :wohow:

·
Registered
43 Posts
he has the "power of the press" to kill MG/Rover.... and that aint patriotic (if thats how u spell it)...can i go sideways at 70 around a roundabout....................no so why do i need to know if it does? I bet a ferrari is good, but the only ferrari i get to drive is on my Xbox !! lol

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Did you know that Clarkson has admitted to not knowing how an engine actually works!!! What a prat! I mean there are plenty of people who are clueless as to how an engine works but to be a reviewer of cars and know nowt is pretty dim.

·
Registered
120 Posts
kitt said:
maybe we should "Challenge Clarkson" nd email the programme and find out why he has a beef... imagine if we all went as the audience, and what the car park would look like !!?!! :wohow:
We should go for that! Would be a right laugh.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts