MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just wondering if my 160 had a full janspeed exhaust system including sport cad, itg maxogen induction kit..and then i got it chipped...would it make much difference? and if so how much are u lukin at paying for this?

cheers:super:

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
I have no idea what benefits if any there are to be had from 'chipping' the mems ecu. However the janspeed exhaust coupled with the ITG maxogen kit (incidentally what I have on my 160) makes for a good torque increase. Unfortunately janspeed have a sort of monopoly on the exhaust market for the ZR. If I were to do it again i may look at adapting a race exhaust designed for a K-powered elise (for example) as i'm not too impressed with Janspeeds welding as of late.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
in recent threads people have been claiming 35-40bhp for the stated mods.

i personally think this is massively optimistic and you can see people spending thousands and thousands to get those sort of power gains.

G

·

i personally think this is massively optimistic and you can see people spending thousands and thousands to get those sort of power gains.
rozzr... do u play rugby at uni?? :angel: :happy:

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Use the general rule of bhp : £ being 1bhp : £100 and you won't be far off what it costs to tune the 160VVC engine.

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
I would say £700 per 10BHP for a 160.
I think you are being generous with that figure Stevo. Remember you have got the ITG Maxogen kit, Full janspeed plus the DVA work you have had done. I would have thought that would get you 180bhp although I know you had it RR'd at 175bhp. Add that up and I think you are closer to £100 per BHP.

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts

rozzr... do u play rugby at uni?? :angel: :happy:

lol well he has got 15.3inch arms :p:)

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Best I got at the Pod last time I was there was 15.7 Stevo. It's never going to be a straight line speed car but I'd like to improve on that next time I go. Hopefully by stripping some of the weight from the interior I'll be able to shave a couple of tenths off the time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hi guys, my 160 had the full janspeed etc and a re-mapped ecu and it made 183bhp if i remember, when we ran it without the ecu map it ran 176bhp but the torque was down.. personally tho from driving it with the complete kit on and 2k down i wouldn't bother with any of it..

:(

·
Registered
195 Posts
I defo have lots more low down torque after DVA Power head work.
i bet you do!, daves work is exceptional and i guess you also have 1 of his exhaust cams and maybe modified dowls.. he's not cheap but blood good and power gains are great... :hooray:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts