MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody got any thoughts on which one too get obviously the valve is cheaper. has anybody got either ov these can they give me advice

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it aldepends on what mod u have on already and i could say can the boost valve make muck diffrence to a 1.4 that why i want sum info dude

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
MgZr said:
can a chip really make that much differnce to a 1.4 petrol though ?
superchips claim 6-7bhp.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i was goona have mine chiped but the guy at moto build is real honest .and he rekons i would be doin well if it gave me 4 bhp extra and i dont rekon for £300 quid its worth it . but mines a 160 it might be diffrent for a 105 m8

G

·
Sounds about right that £300 for 4 bhp. It isnt just about total power though, it is also about the delivery of that power and the torque. That increase is across the range and will make a very noticeable difference. As for all the claims about 20 30 HP increases from a chip/filter/resistor, this is all heresay. If you watch REVVS on TV (it is on at the moment and is a repeat from last year) they are modifying a 105. They spend £1K on a head modification and manifiold to get 10Hp at the wheels increase. Again this is across the range and increases the drivability, but take other claims with a pinch of salt. There is a little article I came across and posted on here about BHP...Bar Horse Power ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
can u explain what the boost valve does , how it is fitting and where i you can get them from ?

cheers

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a control valve it pushes more petrol to your engine which in theory makes your car faster and their 97 quid my mate has one on his 400 and he said his goes faster and takes the flat spots away in your gear change

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im still thinking about getting a boost vavle my mate reckon u can turn them up and down so u dont use as much petrol

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
personally i wouldent get one but its your choice there are better things you can buy with the money

like a night out in newcastle

·
Registered
283 Posts
There shite full stop
will give you as much power as a runny turd,
In fact id rather have a runny turd sizzling in the engine bay then that :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts