MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new wheel and wondering whats the best and safest way to get it fitted?Im guessing through MG Rover will be the best. How much will this set me back? Or is there anybody local who can do it on here?!

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any ideas on cost?

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Dp it yourself, I did when i put my leather MG one one. All i gotta say is Make sure you disconnect the battery before you start messing with the airbag!

I phoned my local dealer who told me, after disconnecting the battery, to leave it about 10mins before disconnecting the airbag. I left it about 25mins to be on the safe side. disconnected the airbag no probs.

Is it a MG Leather sports steering wheel or an aftermarket one like MOMO??

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mg one

·
Registered
1 Posts
save yourself the wedge mate, to spend on more mods! Its easy enough to do. Just make sure the battery is diconnected. I did mine with no pobs!

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll pm you the instructions if you want.

I did mine myself, it was easy.
That would be brilliant mate.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
I wouldnt do it yaself...

I got my dealer to fit mine - £30 for half hrs labour!

And the work is under warrenty too...and insurance is sound cos a dealer did it!

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
If your unsure about the disconnecting the airbag, then I'd say get your dealer to do it.
If you have a bit of technical knowledge with cars you can do it no probs.

I was a bit dubious about messing with the airbag too, but i followed the dealers instructions and did my own myself. It did literally take 25 mins to do and the airbag is fine, the light somes on with ignition and goes off when it is 'armed' like it always has. It doesn't indicate any faults at all.

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guna get it done at a local bodyshop...usally do things cheaper.I got mine for £50 off ebay..

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Best advice...

I got mine from this dealer on ebay...

minifoxtrot77

He hasnt got any ZR/25 wheels up at the mo but best to keep checkin him out...his P&P is always £8.50 and they come NEW with the MG ZR or Rover packaging and label...

Top ebayer....and it was Keith Jen who found the wheel for me when i was lookin for a black leather type...

HTH ppl!

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea my postage was £8.50...paid double that for postal insurance...takin no risks..!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts