MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used recently for a customer and I was shocked at the quality of these.

Within minutes of fitting there were stress signs in the plastic which means the are probably going to need replacing in a year. How can a piece of plastic as thick as a piece of paper support a side skirt?

My advice is if your in a rush to get your skirts on get them but replace them with genuine ones asap as you will only end up paying for your skirts refitting and painting when they fail.

·
Online Predator
1,869 Posts
Is there anyone on here that can provide the genuine ones? Last time I rang Xpart etc. no where could get a hold of them.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i dunno either i had to buy **** ones lol .... but if i seee some ill defo...buy them!

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is not dig at Ste as Wheater said they are not from him but please people buy with care and caution things that seem cheap are that for a reason.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Right well we're in the middle of make carbon fibre one, this week. Will be trying them on the car on saturday. If they work out alright will be selling them, they don't have to be carbon, they could just be glass fibre, its just i'm a tart, and like my carbon bling! lol. Havent got a price just yet but they be relatively inexpensive.

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
Used recently for a customer and I was shocked at the quality of these.

Within minutes of fitting there were stress signs in the plastic which means the are probably going to need replacing in a year. How can a piece of plastic as thick as a piece of paper support a side skirt?

My advice is if your in a rush to get your skirts on get them but replace them with genuine ones asap as you will only end up paying for your skirts refitting and painting when they fail.
+ 1 they are shockingly shocking

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
I used 2 sets of those dodgy endcaps together, seems to have done the job. Although I got 2 sets, so 8 endcaps for £9.95 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
I think when I get skirts I'm going to knook some end caps up out of steel then powdercoat them black, job done. Saves pissing about with poor copies.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Is there anyone on here that can provide the genuine ones? Last time I rang Xpart etc. no where could get a hold of them.
I got a set from my local dealer Feb last year. MG Rover Part No: DDJ000380 Discription: Kit- Exterior Trim. The genuine deal. Think all in all, was around £60!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts