MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have just bought what I thought was the correct badge for the front of my 53 plate Mk1 zr.I bought the badge off a guy on ebay with loads of other mg stuff for sale had good feedback and all and at £12.99 with fre p+p thought it was a good deal.In his ad he has a picture of the badge with the original mg packaging stating code DAB000160. As far as I know this is the correct badge for the front of the Mk1 zr. The badge arrived in a jiffy bag but with no mg pakaging and had some small scratches on it but managed to polish these out.Got the old hair dryer out and removed my old badge and offered up the new one to find that it would not go into the resess enough to get the adhesive to make contact whilst I had the old badge out I notriced that the silver edging seemed to be about 1 possibly 2 mm deeper than the standard badge. As I was in a rush I just restuck the old badge and have tried to contact the seller but at present he is not responding.Does anybody know if this is the correct code for the badge.I have a feeling that this guy is selling fake badges as it also doesnt look original as it has no part number stamped on the back and also with the old badge and one got I got for the rear you can feel the MG silver lettering on this new one it is like its covered in a clear lacker or even a sticker insert badge been used.Soz to go on but could benifit with some feedback and advise on this one.
Ty Darren

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
nearly if not all the badges on ebay will be 1 to 2 mm too big for the zed mate :(

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my luck then really.The seller has got back to me and said that I can send it back and get a refund.And I have ordered one from another seller the same place I got the rear one from just hope that one fits.

G

·
i got 1 which was 59mm, i just filed down each side with a rotorsander thingy , and it fitted perfect plus the sticker stuff which covered the backing i added a little bit of super glue :D :D and its not comming off which is nice cos the little SH1ts round my area like to collect car badges :D they'll have a hard time getting there nails under it :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.