MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you lot may know that i have been looking for a set of green monnaco seats for my rover 200. The only set i have found in the past six months went for over £400 on ebay. Now in a flash of inspiration I realise that MGF's have reclining seats but would they be a direct replacement for mine as they are easier to find. Any ideas peeps?

G

·
Why not go for a completely different seat altogether. Something like Recaro or maybe even Savage which do some nice ones that fit the ZR. If in any doubt, ask Stewart from Performance Toys (aka Yellow-peril) as he sells them and has them fitted in Di's ZR.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Light Sabre said:
Why not go for a completely different seat altogether. Something like Recaro or maybe even Savage which do some nice ones that fit the ZR. If in any doubt, ask Stewart from Performance Toys (aka Yellow-peril) as he sells them and has them fitted in Di's ZR.
the ones in the peril are Rage seats but are good especially for long journeys. no adjustment though set position.

but ours have got rage down the back of the seats as well

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want the idea of something subtle but still in a sports seat. Liam's look good but are they not just retrimmed zed seats? If i were to go for something like the rage ones they would have to be recliners and that i know does not come cheap. Any other ideas?

·
570 Posts
spanner, I don't think Liam's seats are re-trimmed... the alcantara was an option from new.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spanner is your car a four door, the ZS seats wont be anygood in a threedoor ZR as no one will be able to get in the back. Also the rears probably wont fit!
If they are the full sport leather from MGR then the cost a mint from the dealers so might be worth trying to fit the fronts! Pretty sure the seats are different though, different bases etc. I can check part numbers if you need just let me know!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a 5 door R214 so i don't need a tilting mech. Just a thought as they are still basically the same car and MG rover not being the flushest of companies didn't think they would be spending the money on redesignes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts