MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just managed to get a new centre console off ebay for £27, I'm going to keep that as reserve as I want to mod mine.

I've got a 6" screen and a home-made entertainment system build that will be going in the zed, but I'm trying to find a way of putting the screen into the centre console.

I don't want the cigarette lighter, ashtray or tape holder at the bottom. I will no longer have a CD-Player to go in so I have all that space. I want to move the heater dials and the buttons (hazard, fogs etc) to the bottom if possible and have the screen positioned towards the top.

Has anyone done anything like this or know of any websites / resources that will be of help?

Much appriciated guys&gals
Luke

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Id ask Tony (mod), he might be able to get some info of LEDMan :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't mind leaving the buttons where they are - just need to get the screen where the heater dials and heat unit are....thought I'd move the buttons so it's a bit more custom :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont think aftaab writes on this forum anymore.. but i'd be happy to help.. i did this mod about a year ago and have revised the design about 3 times since.

don't wanna blow my own trumpet but i think i was the first to do this mod.

dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didn't get my new centre console today :( I'm gunna cry. Had so many plans for this weekend...grrrrrr

aftaab has pm'ed me instructions, I'll be working on these when I do get the centre console, and I'll post pics as soon as the mod is done....

luke

·
Registered
32 Posts
dave0109 said:
i dont think aftaab writes on this forum anymore.. but i'd be happy to help.. i did this mod about a year ago and have revised the design about 3 times since.

don't wanna blow my own trumpet but i think i was the first to do this mod.

dave
Oi you that's not true!LOL :lol: it's just i'm mega busy at uni and i'm doing 2 other courses when i get back home on thursday and friday as well, A+ Computing and elcetronic engineering and i work friday evening , saturday and sunday so ther's barely anytime left! :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

Dave i need some help actually! Where do you buy leather or alcantra from? I can find it anywhere!!! :-s

And i find it hard to type a big tutorial (cuz i'm lazy :eek:oops: ) that's why i keep telling people that add me to their msn if they need help with car pc because i find it easier to fill-in gaps of missing knowledge rather than going over with what people already know in the subject. Any areas they missed out, i going over through at the end of the lesson. :mrsmiley:

[email protected] (my msn)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :eek:oops:

·
Registered
44 Posts
got another one off the same guy phew in all he had another 3 for sale mind you i got it before he put it on ebay as he is on mg.org so saved a bit lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts