MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a really loud noise (grinding), from the passenger door as I open the central locking or double lock the car, it sounds like something has fallen out inside the lock.

I installed a sub two months ago and there were no problems but it could be due to this or the cold weather.

the problem is, are mg going to frown at the sub, which will cause the warrenty to become invalidated due to it causing the problem.

should i be honest with them, and say i had a sub in the car when i take it in to be fixed???

help needed asap please.

Thanks Beno

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Really depends on your dealer!! Mine are fine with my mods but i know some peeps ahve had problems!!

I don't know how they can connect a sub to central locking!!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
you motor is going 1hr job max and having a sup installed dont matter mine went as the notts meet and they did it the same time as my service

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excellent, thanks for you help people i knew i could rely on you. it booked in for tomorrow :up: :up: :up:

cheers beno

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it in yesterday and, they are ordering some parts for me. its got to go back in next week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems like this is a bit of thing for the new year.
Front passenger side started playing up, making that awful grinding noise, so booked it in to the garage.
They pre ordered the part for me but when they came to fit it, the wrong one was in the box.

Now they have re-ordered it but apparently it's on back order.
They will phone me when it's in, so god knows when that will be. :(

I hope you guys have more luck than I have.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Basically the locks are all pants on the central locking models. Seems more pronounced on the three door models, unless it's just 'cos there are more three doors than five doors out there. :wallb:

I have had three new locks in 9 months, a mate has had three in the last three months. They don't always grind - sometimes they just stay either locked or unlocked, depending on what mood they are in. :x:

There should really be a recall and modification, but as things stand MGR are just replacing shite with same shite. :x:

OK while it's under warranty but gonna be real expensive when the warranty is out.

Reason it takes a while to get the parts is because collectively we are getting through 'em faster than dealers can get 'em in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi guys, mines going in 2moz for the same problem, passenger side door lock makes grinding noise when locked or unlocked. I'll let you no what they say.... :up:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
ZR_MAD said:
Hi guys, mines going in 2moz for the same problem, passenger side door lock makes grinding noise when locked or unlocked. I'll let you no what they say.... :up:
Mine was the same side mate.They fitted new parts right as rain again now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lol mine is grinding aswell only started yesterday tho! At least at my dealership they wash your car for u when they do anythiny. It needs a good wash! hehe

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the lock looked at by my dealer this morning and they say it needs a new module, they’ll call me back when it arrives, probably by the end of next month :blink2: WTF, it’s on back order as usual. :wallb:

The Grim Reaper do you know what parts they changed, was it the module like some of the others have mentioned?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Mine does this, but only when the battery is low, say after draining it from having my tunes on to loud with out the engine running for too long. Once she's been out on a long run, battery charged everything is fine and dandy. Should really replace that crappy battery

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
ZR_MAD said:
I had the lock looked at by my dealer this morning and they say it needs a new module, they’ll call me back when it arrives, probably by the end of next month :blink2: WTF, it’s on back order as usual. :wallb:

The Grim Reaper do you know what parts they changed, was it the module like some of the others have mentioned?
As far as I am aware on the later Zeds, which are the ones with this problem, the module/lock/motor etc inside the doors are all one single assembly mate. I have had three to date and got another playing up intermittently now. Mine is only 9 months old as well........ :x: Ah, Mg Rover eh?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Lad at work has just had same thing happen on his Rover 100 :wallb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still waiting for the replacement lock for mine.
The grinding is getting worse as the days go by.

I swear it would be quicker to make the part myself (if I knew how).

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
redzed_jo said:
Still waiting for the replacement lock for mine.
The grinding is getting worse as the days go by.

I swear it would be quicker to make the part myself (if I knew how).

Anyone else having this problem?
Yeh ALL of us unfortunately................

·
Registered
79 Posts
Part arrived earlier then the 6 weeks I was told by the dealer, and was fitted yesterday. The embarrassment of having everyone stop and stare at you when you lock the car has now stopped.

Fingers crossed it has stopped for good and nothing else plays up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts