MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pasenger side door has just started to make a buzzing/grinding noise when i lock/unlock the car it's remote locking. Back to the dealers again ?
or any idea's?

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
mine does it every now and then and so does the boot, but only with continous lock/unlocking. not had a problem since i had the N/S lock replaced because it locked shut. haven't had a problem with the boot lock at all so i think its just been tempremental.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
Pasenger side door has just started to make a buzzing/grinding noise when i lock/unlock the car it's remote locking. Back to the dealers again ?
or any idea's?
mines just started doin the same every now then only seems to be when i double lock it though or open it from double lock

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
short120 said:
The Grim Reaper said:
or any idea's?
mines just started doin the same every now then only seems to be when i double lock it though or open it from double lock
Mine does it either way.Back to the F*CKING DEALER again,why is the built quality so shit ?been to the dealers around 6 times already with stupied little faults that should not happen on a car with 11000 on the clock :x: :wallb: .

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:wallb: Just got off the phone to my dealer & guess what the service dept is closed untill jan the 4th :x: the way things are going the Golf GTI turbo's i looked at are getting more tempting.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Easy now grim!

Had this exact problem last year!
The locking mechanism's fucked. I thought i was at fault because i tinted the windows myself a week before the problem {hadn't put the door card back on correctly}.
Took it back to MG and they did the locking unit on warranty. Apparently a common fault.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
thats ridiculous coz if it packs in then you wont be able to lock it then!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
They do it a lot Steve.

I have had both replaced on mine and the drivers door still fails to unlock on occasion - but not often enough to take it back to the dealer though.

Shite build quality as you said - Buy a GTI or a Type R, mate next time. I think I will........ :x:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DriveBy said:
They do it a lot Steve.

I have had both replaced on mine and the drivers door still fails to unlock on occasion - but not often enough to take it back to the dealer though.

Shite build quality as you said - Buy a GTI or a Type R, mate next time. I think I will........ :x:
I'm with you there Charlie back at work on the 29th but on my next rest days i'm off back to have a look at some GTi Turbo's.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't get me wrong i love the look of the car & the meet's i have been to are great it's just i'm starting to get pissed off with all the stupied little faults & trips back to my dealer who is right across the other side of town from where i live.

·
2,070 Posts
I know how you feel lads i have had this problem too its all to common so you think they would have sorted it out before now but things like this happen on all cars its not just MG's, hang in there they will iron out after a while keep the faith.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts