MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 plate 2 door ZR 105 without central locking.

I want to upgrade to central locking myself. Does anyone know, can I just get hold of the 3 actuators and fit them or do I need to change the control module as well?

Also are the looms inside the doors already or will i also need to get hold of them? :up:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Mate, If you are gonna spend time and money converting to central locking, my advice would be to use a system other than the MG Rover original type. DEfinately go aftermarket for reliability

If you read through this section in the forum, you will find that pretty much all of us have regular and recurring problems with the original lock motors failing on the later cars.

My car (04 year) has had three in 9 months. A mate of mine has had three in three months. Grim Reaper has just has his changed again...........the list goes on.

The original central locking on the later cars also deadlocks and is obviously linked to the alarm as well, so I would guess you would also have to change or at the very least upgrade your ECU - probably not a DIY job unless you are very competent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts