MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antbody put their zed through a car wash? How did it cope with the spoiler? I know I should wash it by hand bit with this weather I just cant seem to find the time..... ](*,)

·
3,634 Posts
Dont do it !!! Wash it by hand or leave it dirty !!! Or use the jet wash !!! If yer read yer manual it tells yer not to put it through a car wash !!! [-X

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
As above!! DONT DO IT!!!! Nononono!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you want to convert your ZR to a 25 then the car wash is the best place to start. In other words DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
if you would like to keep your spoiler ON your zed then...STAY WELL CLEAR :eek: .......a jet wash is cool..............but i do like a good hand job...you can"t beat it

·
455 Posts
DONT DO IT MAN

·
763 Posts
you need to wash it by hand, id rather mine go grey with dirt then be subject to a car wash! there not good, they dont get them that clean, then you drive off with a wet car and its back to square one but you have loads of scratches and no spoiler

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I often wish I could put it throught the car wash but the risk of the spoiler being snaped off is what is making everyone say no!

·
Registered
301 Posts
no rover 200/25 or MG ZR should go through a car wash as it will pull the rear spoiler off.

i seem to remember a recall or a warning shortly after the 200 was launched about this particular problem.

wash it by hand m8. the results are much better than any car wash anyway!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
if ur using a jet washer make sure it aint too powerfull.............other wise you'll strip the paint off :eek: mg/rover paint jobs aint too good :evil:

check my thread under problems/misc ](*,)

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
I can come and give it a clean for you....

<<<<--------I could show you my figure too....LOL

But never ever use a car wash...U will have to find time 8-[

1 - 20 of 34 Posts