MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the info below about car wash, I was wandering is ther a specific way to wash/polish a car as when I do mine I always end up with dried water streaks down it. then when i wax it I get a sore arm and the powder doesnt seem to go away.

PS I do use Halford own brand of product so could that be it?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If you are getting white powder from your 'wax' then ditch it and get a decent wax that dosent do that. Carnuba waxes are excellent but can be hard work or there are some good silicon waxes that dont leave the nasty white residue. I have been using a 'cleaner' carnuba wax from maguires that gives some excellent results and then keeping it topped up with a detailing spray.

Wash the car out of direct sunlight if you can and when washing, work from the top to the bottom and the same with drying.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the white resdue was doing my head in. After polishing none stop for half an hour I stepped back and all that i could see was powder everywhere.

what does the detailing spray actually do?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Yeah the white resdue was doing my head in. After polishing none stop for half an hour I stepped back and all that i could see was powder everywhere.

what does the detailing spray actually do?
It is an emulsifying spray (apparently) and what it does is to lift the dirt away from the surface so you can then wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. You need to have a good quality wax base before hand and if the car is very dirty then it wont work, but for the normal road film it is great and quick too. I use it when I go to shows. I polish the car properly before I leave and then use the detailing spray to take the road film off and bring back the shine without the need for carting buckets, sponges, wash etc

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
It is an emulsifying spray (apparently) and what it does is to lift the dirt away from the surface so you can then wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. You need to have a good quality wax base before hand and if the car is very dirty then it wont work, but for the normal road film it is great and quick too. I use it when I go to shows. I polish the car properly before I leave and then use the detailing spray to take the road film off and bring back the shine without the need for carting buckets, sponges, wash etc
ahh so should i take my detailing spray with me to trax, been thinking what to take to get rid of the bugs etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts