1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

ive got some spare cash and wanted to use it on cleaning stuff for my car

up to 30 pounds

also will cleaning my car with a petrol station car wash damage my car if i use it on monday to clean it ?

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
yes! the auto ones are **** and so are the hand ones...the brushes are rubbish and will scratch your paint work!

get a bucket, some decent shampoo and a washing mit

cleanyourcar.co.uk < nuff said :D

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
As Shafz said, cleanyourcar.co.uk is great, however DONT get addicted to detailing as it is a majorly expensive 'hobby' if you take it up! Detailing World forum should help you out a little but a few tips.

Use 2 buckets, 1 with soapy water in, other with just clear water in, Dip your wash mitt into the soapy one, wash part of the car and then rinse in the clear water. Then use the soapy water to repeat.

NEVER use a sponge, washmitt all the way.

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Depends what you want to do. If you just want to wash it really doesnt matter all that much.
Most car shampoo's arent roughly the same, its what you do after that which does the work. Id recommend claying the car, but afterwards youd probably want to polish and wax it so your budget would go out of the windows tbh.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i will be cleaning my car at my local car wash and then polishing it it willbe the only time i will clean it there

i will rinse it first to get loose dirt off
clean it
hose it off

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Feel free to take it through the car was, but the swirls will make your paint look like ****, and will take a crap load of effort to get out. Polishing by hand will NOT get the swirls out that a car wash will give.

Like i said, feel free to do it.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if your gonna go o the petrol station wash mate thats fine but dont use the automatic carwash use the jetwash/pressurewasher in the do it yerself bit! :)
well i was going to go to a jet wash not a automatic car wash never just thoght i could clean it there dry it then wax and polish it

then i can control my pressure on the bodywork

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Feel free to take it through the car was, but the swirls will make your paint look like ****, and will take a crap load of effort to get out. Polishing by hand will NOT get the swirls out that a car wash will give.

Like i said, feel free to do it.

you got the wrong end of the stick im going to a jetwah not a automatic wash

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i will be cleaning my car at my local car wash and then polishing it it willbe the only time i will clean it there

i will rinse it first to get loose dirt off
clean it
hose it off
been to my local jet wash and the brush feels soft not too hard to scratch my car

will do the above and polish it after

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.