MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Immobiliser has activated on my car .... not sure why.
I can't use the key fob.

I have got the emergency key access code and have turned the ket in the lock x times unlock, y times to lock, x times to unlock and y times to lock again.
I have left the car for 5 mins (as it says in the book) ... tried starting the engine and the immobiliser is STILL on!!! :wallb: :wallb:

Alarm goes off during the unlock and lock process but it doesn't say anything about that in the book! It's doing my nut!! :x: :x:

Anyone had similar problems or any help/advice?!

Thanks as always folks!!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
rub the battery on your trousers to warm it, then put it back into the key fob, if the battery is dead this may give you enough juice to turn the immobaliser off.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not the fob mate. I have tried the spare one that my missus has got and it's the same. Definately something with the car.........

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For som strange reason it worked this morning. Key fobs worked and therefore immobiliser could be disabled electronically.

Gremlins in the system!!!

Oh, but now the drivers window won't go up!!!! It's stuck open!!!
:wallb: :wallb: If it's not one thing, it's another!!!! :hurt:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
where did you get your car from mate?
i got mine from lee and turners and i think they are shit

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have a Rover 400 and took it to Lee + Turners for servicing and MOT's etc. ...... and yep, you're right, they're completely crap!! They seriously haven't got a clue!!
For that reason, I got the Zed from Rycar in Cardiff. Much happier with them!

They sorted me out with my X-power zorst. Went to Lee and T for a quote and they didn't even have a clue about the range of exhausts! When we got there in the end they charged me about £100 more than Caridff!
:x: Will never go on their forecourt again!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to the dealers today and they said that water has leaked around the ECU. They can't see where it's from!! That explains my windows going funny and my alarm / immobiliser!
They've had to re-programme everything and I've got new key fobs now as well.
It's got to go back in in a couple of weeks so they can investiage how it happened!! :x:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts