MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my Zed (look i'm even speaking the lingo now !) just over a week and I have to say, the more I drive it the more I like it. Heard a lot of negatives about them but i'm glad to say they've all been proved wrong.

The ZR has something most cars nowadays don't have, a soul. You have to drive the thing for a start, unlike most modern cars where you just point the bloody thing in the direction you want to go and that's it. The seats hug you, the handling is great and the 'tram-lining' ensures you always have to keep yer mind on the job. As if to just drum it home, it looks fantastic an all, even in standard form.

Yup i'm now a very proud MG ZR owner and here's to a good few years motoring ahead together :mrgreen:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Yup....ur in the right place matey!!

·
892 Posts
...Amen! :up:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree mate.

I often fantasise about having an evo or supra, but when I get some random bloke at the petrol station or supermarket saying "nice car mate" it just puts a HUGE grin on my face.

When people turn and look at the loud exhaust it makes me grin.

When a little boy says to his mum "look mummy, an MG" it just gives you a rush.

I had to drive my mum's saxo whilst my ZR was being repaired, and nobody gave a second glance at me driving past.

The ZR confirms you don't have to win the lottery to have a jaw dropping, head turning car.

It's not an evo or a supra, or a skyline.....but who cares!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
i know what you mean mate!

there are a lot of things that kinda disapoint me bout my zed, build quality etc, but at the end of the day i wouldnt swap it for anything else of similar price cos like u said, the zr has real soul and character which is some thing u dont see in many other cars!

glad ur enjoying it! :up:

·
Registered
446 Posts
had my zed few mths now and i love it specially the look and have had no probs and have to agree it sticks to road like shit on a blanket!.
p.s shifty you a postie as well mate

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
one_o_five said:
Have had my Zed (look i'm even speaking the lingo now !) just over a week and I have to say, the more I drive it the more I like it. Heard a lot of negatives about them but i'm glad to say they've all been proved wrong.

The ZR has something most cars nowadays don't have, a soul. You have to drive the thing for a start, unlike most modern cars where you just point the bloody thing in the direction you want to go and that's it. The seats hug you, the handling is great and the 'tram-lining' ensures you always have to keep yer mind on the job. As if to just drum it home, it looks fantastic an all, even in standard form.

Yup i'm now a very proud MG ZR owner and here's to a good few years motoring ahead together :mrgreen:
Well said mate - that sums it up nicely.

The build quality is pants, but ya just gotta love the car as a package. They are defianately a tricky looking car, even when left standard.

I guess most of us on here have added to them though, to some degree or another.

It never fails to bring a smile to my face whenever I am in it and I drive around 45K a year in a higher spec car in my day job. There is a lot of fun to be had from a 9K (ish, new) cheap car........... :up:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
:cool1: :up: :up: :up: :up: :cool1:
I have to agree my zed is the best car that I've ever owned & driven. I've had mine now 4 bout 9-10 months & its already done over 13 thousand miles.

Yes the build quality could be better & sometimes it would be good if it didn't drink quite so much (or is that just my led right foot?!?!), but I just don't care because it is just so much fun to drive!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts