MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Phil (ultimate racer) is going to make one for his. Its not hard at all to encorporate one into the derv, but it just makes the car more laggy and sluggish.

·
Registered
422 Posts
there only rly needed on car with big powerfull turbo on things like evos where u gonna want ur turbo to last longer and u may not alway use the amount of pressure the turbo builds up driving normally putting them on tiny little turbo on 2l car or less kinda thing just gives u a performance decrease id rather not have a bhp decrease than a nice sound

·
Registered
890 Posts
eh? all petrol turbo cars have DV's in some way or another :-k The evo's have a bosch re-circ job on them which is powerful but its not totally efficient.

the ONLY reason DV's are on petrol cars are due to the throttle body's butterfly valve which creates a massive pressure build up between that and the turbo impeller, putting stress on the shaft and stalling it, meaning a sluggish pick up. They're needed on all petrol turbo cars, but not needed on a derv due to there not being a butterfly valve and the engine injesting all the air created by them before its got time to build up.

Steve

·
Registered
422 Posts
Steve220 said:
eh? all petrol turbo cars have DV's in some way or another :-k The evo's have a bosch re-circ job on them which is powerful but its not totally efficient.

the ONLY reason DV's are on petrol cars are due to the throttle body's butterfly valve which creates a massive pressure build up between that and the turbo impeller, putting stress on the shaft and stalling it, meaning a sluggish pick up. They're needed on all petrol turbo cars, but not needed on a derv due to there not being a butterfly valve and the engine injesting all the air created by them before its got time to build up.

Steve
arite ok :-k

·
Registered
890 Posts
and thats straight from the horses mouth too ;)

simple reason is that the Derv injests all charge. Petrols don't. Petrols need somewhere to release this air so that the turbo doesn't stall and it lasts longer :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
242 Posts
If I turn the stereo off and listen carefully my TD makes the noise of a mini dump valve when I change gear. I think it's the synchomesh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You CANT fit a dump valve on a turbo diesel, due to the simple fact that turbo diesel engines do not have a vacuum present in the engine like all petrol turbo engines have. You need a vacuum to make the dump valve operate.

·
Registered
890 Posts
you best tell that to the Pug 306TDi lads, they get em to work nicely. Its a piece of piss to do anyway. you take the vac feed from the brake servo, through a solenoid and to the top of the DV. The solenoid is then triggered by a switch on the throttle. VERY easy to implicate :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts