MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got told today by someone u cant its only 1.8 and above??

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I have on mine :S

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool cos im thinkin of getting one and replacing mine b4 it even goes...do u reckon this is a good idea??? my mate says we can do all the wk?!?

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
if its anywhere near the 60k mark, or over, id say its worth it. just for peice of mind. but, youll need all new headbolts aswell, sealent, the gasket, cam locking tool, all of that tosh! it is pretty expensive to fix a problem that isnt there.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its at 67,000.. how much would i be looking at?

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I paid £350 for mine skimming and being replaced with one, from my local garage.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can get any tools i need will the head still need skimming even tho im only changing the gasket!?

·
Registered
786 Posts
just had mine done uprated gasket and all the parts came to £280 + £155 for the labour. but it was done by a family member, had a new cam belt while i was at it to save messing bout in a few thousand

·
Registered
143 Posts
cool cos im thinkin of getting one and replacing mine b4 it even goes...do u reckon this is a good idea??? my mate says we can do all the wk?!?
i'd wait until it happens, its a bit like saying " i might as well kill myself now, because its going to happen one day, best get it over with before i get too old "

1 - 12 of 12 Posts