7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without using any other software?

:unsure:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cant use disk manager to extend primary partitions.

Tried using diskpart in cmd, but didn't work either...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because when i set up my new laptop (like a muppet) i sectioned 50gb for C: and 550gb for D:

Thinking i had done it the other way round :svk:

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Aw dayum, I can only think of backing up what you've got and reformat the HD with new partition settings.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tired reinstalling windows from the disk as it said i would get another chance to re partition the HD but it lied.

Also now i think it's re installed windows and deleted all the drivers for the webcam etc.

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
You'll have to wipe the HD first before reinstalling windows. That way you can do it, done so to my sisters laptop on W7 and changed the partitions before it.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could do that, but don't have the OS CD just the one that came with the laptop called system restore or summat, will this still work? Don't want to loose the OS all together lol :unsure:

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
You not the option to burn the OS to a disc? As that's what I did.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not had that option so far!? Should i have?!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Obviously not. Not picking up wireless networks since the reboot either. FML.

Just going to take it back to PC world tomorrow i think.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
only option i can think of is using software like "Paragon Partition Manager" is what i use....
Would do but don't have an internet connection on that computer currently as it's decided to not pick up any wireless networks, and guessing it's a download.

Is it free?

·
ZR wannabee!
2,248 Posts
I swear you can do this using the disk management??

go into disk management (start, right click on computer, click manage, select disk management)
right click on D, delete volume, it should then become unalocated space, now right click on C, and click extend volume an follow the onscreen prompts?

*just tried this on mine, and realised i had (for some inknown reason) 30gb unallocated, and just managed to extend my D to have an extra 30gb** happy days :)

scrub that, its late an forgot about it being a primary partition :svk: my bad :(

·
ZR wannabee!
2,248 Posts
im half asleep lmao! did find 30gb though so thank YOU lmfao!! ;) my mates a i.t tech guy, have text him an will post what he suggests :)

·
ZR wannabee!
2,248 Posts
do you mean it cant be done because it involves the C drive/boot drive coz all mine say "primary partition" an i done it?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts