MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a virgin when it comes to modding a car, and I am slowly getting through the previous forum discussions about this.
Anyway, can the engine of the ZR160 be 'chipped', if so, how does it effect performance and economy. Finally, who is a good Insurance company to go with, after a car has been modified?
I'm sure there is someone out there who can help, but please be gentle, as I said I'm new to this. :lcop:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
best to get the ECU remapped matey, which andys done, then more performance and better economy. Try elephant.co.uk for a quote, am happy with my premium and have loads of mods!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
muldersZR said:
best to get the ECU remapped matey, which andys done, then more performance and better economy. Try elephant.co.uk for a quote, am happy with my premium and have loads of mods!
I've sent a PM to Andy, so just waiting for a reply.
Ta!

·
2,039 Posts
This shows readings before and after i had the zorst fitted

:up:

Hope that helps, but the power curve is very nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My 160 without the chip had a sharper power curve through the rev range which meant the pickup was not as smooth. Well worth doing the chip in conjunction with the full exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I dont have a chip but Andy does, thats why I was saying there is a difference in the mid range power. Andys chart shows the before and after the full exhaust system which includes manifold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts