MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
i would have said so...there's not THAT much difference between a mk1 and a mk2, mainly cosmetic differences really...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Yes it deffo WILL fit...but why bother.....just get two small chrome tail trims .........

Much Cheaper !!!!!!!!!.............& easier to fit !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no its not for the sake of the tips, its that the backbox needs replacing, it has a hole in it and seeing that im not looking to keep my zr much longer i just thought i would put an original back on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sure it will fit like you guys said but does anyone know what that piece is above the twin pipes, im just concerned it may not fit the 01 plate zed with that bit on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,564 Posts
samg said:
im sure it will fit like you guys said but does anyone know what that piece is above the twin pipes, im just concerned it may not fit the 01 plate zed with that bit on it?
its a restrictor i think to reduce noise around town, but when flooring it, it operns up and you get full noise :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see im really confused as I just phoned mg in croydon and they said they were unsure whether the 160 backbox with chrome tips fits my 01 plate 160 which has twin minus the chrome, i mean how the fck can they be unsure!!! they are mg and they can't even tell me! c*cks! in theory it should fit i guess, also they quoted £258 for a standard 160 backbox to get it through them!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,564 Posts
samg said:
see im really confused as I just phoned mg in croydon and they said they were unsure whether the 160 backbox with chrome tips fits my 01 plate 160 which has twin minus the chrome, i mean how the fck can they be unsure!!! they are mg and they can't even tell me! c*cks! in theory it should fit i guess, also they quoted £258 for a standard 160 backbox to get it through them!!
wooo! thats exspensive, think xpower are around that price, id get an xpower :D mite not sell the car then :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,564 Posts
ps. try EMG in Epsom, there on the ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tried epsom first they couldnt even decide what was the right backbox for the 160 and certainly were not sure whether the ebay link one aboive would fit my 2001 plate 160! it seems like mg don't know their own cars!! yeah don't really want a xpower one, wanna spend as little as possible if getting rid of car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,564 Posts
samg said:
tried epsom first they couldnt even decide what was the right backbox for the 160 and certainly were not sure whether the ebay link one aboive would fit my 2001 plate 160! it seems like mg don't know their own cars!! yeah don't really want a xpower one, wanna spend as little as possible if getting rid of car
hmm id say phone longbridge direct maybe
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
989 Posts
for that amount of money you might aswell get an magnex backbox ... cat back system for the zr is about 150 quid

4 inch round. looks cool me bro has one on his solar red zr
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top