MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday night, 23:00 hours, dual carriageway, no cars in front for ages (and the same behind)...

But the guy i passed was in the right lane and would not move over! :rant: And yes, i did pass on the left.

I would love to know why he thought it was 'sensible' to continue in that lane (for as long as i could see him in front until he disappeared out of view in my mirrors).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... especially when i saw only him and 2 others on the stretch of road (about 7 miles or so)!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Just undertake them :)

Preferable very fast and cut into the RHL, usually puts the point across,

People won't go into the slow lane of their own accord.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People won't go into the slow lane of their own accord.
Tell me about it... Seems like there is a sensor on the RHS that keeps them x metres from the verge on M'way / Dual carriage way.

...and don't worry - i (v. quickly) left him tooting along merrily in his lane at 60mph.:shutup2:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
If it happens to be a woman driving (works 99.8%) of the time and with some men, if you pull up to the side of them (slow lane) and gradually creep up to them, they think they are slowing down/don't want to get beaten (works really well at traffic lights too) and they actually speed up :D

I play almost every time I go on the motorway/traffic lights :D

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
This is something that really infuriates me also :yes:

From what ive learned through talking to people who do this, the general opinion is that the speed limit is 70mph, so they seem to think that if they are doing the speed limit, then no-one else should be over taking them :wacko:

My response was "Who the hell are you to dictate how fast people should go!!??!?"

I dont **** about anymore with people like that, if they dont move in i just put my main beam and rally lamps on till they do. They soon move in with 6 6000k HID lamps blinding them in the they're rear view mirror ;)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
tbh I would say limit all lorries to 50 mph so they can't overtake, limit via gearing as well not by electronics, so if they "sit" on the limiter their engine explodes.

:D

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
i had this @4oclock on the m23 on the way to gatwick! as soon as i undertook he ped up and moved in front of me! it was like a dance of the cars! what a ****!

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
I have NO reservations about undertaking such tossers, in fact I do it with my foot to the floor so that the rumble from my BlueFlame results in them having to clean their seats on home arrival.

Really don't know if they do it to irritate other drivers, or simply because they really are just too thick to realise what they are doing is wrong.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I have NO reservations about undertaking such tossers, in fact I do it with my foot to the floor so that the rumble from my BlueFlame results in them having to clean their seats on home arrival.

Really don't know if they do it to irritate other drivers, or simply because they really are just too thick to realise what they are doing is wrong.
Yeah but if you get caught undertaking its 3 points at least! :eek:

Much better to "blind" them out the way ;)

·
Car gone. :(
2,120 Posts
Exactly! :yes:

Undertaking is a BIG no no in the laws eyes.
If the people in the right lane moved over at the last min, when you are undertaking, and they hit you. It will be your arse on the line.

·
Cupra 20VT baby!
2,150 Posts
This is where its funny though. If I fly up behind someone in my car they just sit there, but on my VFR they move out the way in the smallest of gaps for me. Was one thing I noticed straight away..

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
If the people in the right lane moved over at the last min, when you are undertaking, and they hit you. It will be your arse on the line.
Yeah, thats what i was saying. If the police catch you undertaking, your the one who gets done and the idiot motorist in the fast lane gets away scott free.
Driving standards in this country are diminishing extremely rapidly.
Im all for re-tests every 10 years or so :yes:

I think i'll just get some flashy blue lights, people seem to move when they see them.. not sure why ;) :whistle:
My friend had blue flashy lights behind the grill of his BMW.......................................he got 6 months in Barlinie prison for impersonating a police vehicle :eek:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts