MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i was to get a custom cat back system and heat wrap it, would a 1.4 pop on the decelaration????

if not what needs to be done and would heat wrapping an exhaust make any difference?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
2% power increase from heat wrapping the manifold

Not sure what needs to be done to make the exhaust pop.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i had a cat back that used to pop when slowing down, sounded cool
is there a particular shape like oval or twin or circle tip that does it or any?

sorry for the noob questions, just want mine to as one drove past me and popped when slowing down and i loved it soooo much,

it was a Evo but hay same thing lol

G

·
im interested aswel, i fitted a 3" carbon bb (not to everyone's taste but heyt it looks better than them oval things) on alice's car which is a 1.4 and it pops when its really slowed down.

G

·
out of interest, how much did that cost. is it real carbon or fake lookalike stuff?

It is real carbon as my mate and me compaired it to fake and it was totally different, and it only cost £33 last 1 from Halfrauds should of been like £99
or somthing :D it weighs nxt to nothing also :D

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
+1 on my R25 then again i only get 55miles to a tenner :clap2:

mate i dont even get THAT!
(loLz)

the 160 (RIP) used to pop a fair bit on the standard exhaust so maybe try and blag a used one of them off someone with a 160 that goes s/s for the cheap, OEM option? ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.