MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought my brakes had gone wonky as the car was pulling to the left sometimes under heavy braking, but the garage said they were fine and that the 160 is quite 'Camber sensitive' due to the wider tyres.

I have noticed it 'twitches' around a bit if I hit ruts or grooves on the road and it does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes.
But I guess if its been checked out its ok, plus at least the garage didnt screw me for a new set of brakes!

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Had a really big moment coming off a flyover onto the parkway in Peterborough a while back. It was almost like the steering wheel suddenyl snatched itself to the right as I hit a large groove in the road.
Makes driving a bit more fun I suppose!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds silly but... check the tyres. (If you have just changed them or bought the car of someone else)

I had this problem after getting 2 new Conti's on the front. Everytime i braked or accelerated hard the car was pulling to the left.

When i had a look at the tyres they had put them on the wrong way!! :wallb:

In other word where they say "outside" they said "inside". Directional tyres for you!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Somtimes it can be the road, where lorries with heavy loads etc keep going down and wear a groove in it (no very visible) this is what i found on a particular stretch of road.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have a 105 and also have the same problem.

The car is very susceptive to bump and camber steer.

It was noticeable on the 16" hairpins,with Dunlop SP9000's, but having just gone upto 17" straights with Conti's it is even more pronounced now.

Good reason to keep both hands on the steering wheel ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the same problem when I had my 105 - it often felt really unstable as if I wasn't in full control when braking on an uneven road surface. Local dealer checked and said it was fine

·
Registered
775 Posts
Not getting this problem at all ( 19"s) :up: and i had the car set back up when it was lowered and the wheels change all is still fine,

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
hob said:
Somtimes it can be the road, where lorries with heavy loads etc keep going down and wear a groove in it (no very visible) this is what i found on a particular stretch of road.

^^^^^^^ also the lane is normaly higher on the inside than the outside...this will cause "pulling to the left"...
mine is a nightmare on some roads...due to the 40 profile tyres..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts