MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
aka 25inprogress
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to know how much you paid for the whole conversion?
and if you can a break down of the cost of all the seperate bits, e.g parts, fittting, rebuild etc etc
cheers :D

·
1,827 Posts
i paid £3500 for mine with full rebuild and fitting and donor car in that price all done in a weekend aswell
rough prices
donor car 750/1000
rebuild 700/1000 depending on the spec u want
labour depends who does it
exhaust mine cost 470 (wasnt included in the conversion tho but u do need it)

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Too much for too little.
But mine wasnt done by a decent garage, Wullies was...and he paid less then me! :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
interesting interesting only thing is i dont really want a 2.4 FWD =| to much power for the front wheels would be able to reach maximum capacity

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
interesting interesting only thing is i dont really want a 2.4 FWD =| to much power for the front wheels would be able to reach maximum capacity
I have a 2.5 Turbo'd FWD engine, doesnt cause me any problems ;)

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
yeah but if uv only got fwd to work with then take it as far as u can :p

someone i know used to have a 500bhp tipo, "interesting" i believe is the word of choice on that one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,

think i'd spend the extra and get a 2,4 evo engine as i know thats possible :p
The Evo 2, 4 engine you hear about isn't a Mitsubishi Evolution engine, it's a modified K-Series block by Scholar Engines.

I had a conversation with a guy about this he said Because its a miti colt chassis an evo engine can be accomodated
The ZR has no links with the Colt, the front end is based on the MK2 rover 200/Honda Concerto.

HTH

Cheers

Neil

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
well i mean you gonna go faster if your goin from rear wheels on a high capacity engine
Indeed, but my car isnt RWD and neither would a ZR Turbo be so what does that have to do anything? :smartass:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts