MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some one tell me how the heck out off the full kit the bonnet is the most costing over £600 pound and the most you pay for each part ov the kit is ruffly about 285 each part thats scandoless also can some one tell me some site were you can get some different vented bonnets for the zrs

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
you can get a fake vent...if ur not going to be making major changes to ur engine, then dont bother with the real vent.

Also the bonnet is metal, the skirts and what-not are plastic or carbon fibre. That would explain the expense...

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The bonnet is a complete replacement metal bonnet, including the vent, that will only need spraying. This is different to other bonnets where the metal is cut out and a fibre glass vented is bonded onto the remaining metal.

You can get a vent kit made from fibre glass which you then get a bodyshop to fit to your existing bonnet. The vent kit is alot cheaper.

You go to Rover and ask how much a complete bonnet costs, probably be quite surprised, and this has not even been modified.

Steve

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
chrisibrahim said:
can some one tell me how the heck out off the full kit the bonnet is the most costing over £600 pound and the most you pay for each part ov the kit is ruffly about 285 each part thats scandoless also can some one tell me some site were you can get some different vented bonnets for the zrs
any vent can be fitted if your brave enough to try it :bash: :bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts